Happy New Year

This photo shows sunset on Cat Ba Town bay on New Year’s
Eve. Have a wonderful 2011. May the world find peace and
prosperity.

This entry was posted in Vietnam. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Happy New Year

1. Amy Mohr says:

Hi Patrick and Dawn, Happy New Year! I guess you have already had the new year ring in. Terry and I will spend a quiet evening together here at home. Two out of three of my boys are in town!!
    Beautiful photo.
    amy

2. We wish both of you a wonderful New Year 2011 and safe travels to your next destination. The pictures are great as usual.

Homer and Maude

3. Bobbie Dowd says:

Great photo. Happy New Year! 01 01 11 Binary Buddy!

4. Patrick says:

Happy New Year to all of you. Sounds like a wonderful family get-together. We took a boat cruise with kayaking in Ha Long Bay. It was chilly, but a good way to start the new year.

5. Patrick says:

Happy new Year to the two of you. Hope you have peace and prosperity. Next stop is going back to Hanoi to see the sights before heading south.

6. Patrick says:

Speaking bits and bytes, that’s the view from our 8th floor balcony room that costs $10 per night. That’s 1 0. Oh, I hope you don’t get a bit of bytes this year.

7. ron.betsy@comcast.net says:

Patrick and Dawn,

Happy New Year!! Loved the recent photos and we’re wondering what the seafood dishes are there in the Bay. Amy was very amused by the story I told her of you ordering meals by way of cellphone pix.

Last eve we had dinner at the Club and then went to friend’s home for games; 14 of us divided between wii bowling, mexican train dominoes and texas hold em. Very fun and we made it to midnight.

Am not sure how you are doing with web access, but we appreciate the trouble it obviously involves doing the posts.

All The Best,

Ron and Betsy

8. Patrick says:

Ron, sounds like a great way to spend New Year’s Eve, a lot of fun. The Cat Ba seafood wasn’t especially unique in the species nor how the dishes were prepared. However, I can say that I had the best shrimp and squid ever. It was prepared simply, grilled with garlic and oil.

9. Patrick says:

Ron, some other time I’ll get into Internet in China. But suffice to say it was difficult. I’m hoping Vietnam will be a little easier, and already Wi-Fi is much more available. Thanks for following the posts.

10. Tina says:

Happy New Year Patrick and Dawn.
    Hope all goes well; come home safe.

xo
    Tina

11. Patrick says:

Thanks, Tina. So far, so good. As far as I can tell the worst that has happened is someone overcharged us by about $4.